July 15, 2013

Photographer: Jordana Belville

Jordana photographs Amy

Seventeen-year-old aspiring photographer Jordana Beville, has attracted many to her blog where she posts her photographs. Using her friends or connections to models, she is able to produce sophisticated images based on fashion. Here is how our interview with the blossoming photographer turned out.

Tell us a bit about yourself?
My names Jordana but everybody calls me Jordie, I’m 17 and live in Melbourne, Australia. There’s actually not much else to say, I guess I live a pretty average teen life, but mostly without all the good and ‘juicy’ bits that you would want to happen.


Source: Jordana's Tumblr (Model: Amy)

Where are you and what are you doing today?
Right now I am at my dad’s house and today I am going to a high tea for my friend’s birthday so that will be lovely.

How did you find an interest in photography?
I’ve always just been in love with photographs and taking photos since I was very young, and I’ve always been that annoying person who has a camera on them 24/7 to take photos of absolutely everything – but lately I just use my phone for when I’m on the go. I started having a proper liking for photography when I first got my canon dslr (so 2 years ago) and that’s when I became more interested in what I can produce with the camera so basically all the different effects and techniques possible and that’s basically how it started. Also, I think the fact that it is possible to capture any moment in one’s life with one single object is truly fascinating and what makes me so interested in photography!

Source: Jordana's Tumblr (Model: Chloe)

What has been the best project you've worked on and why?
I think one of my favourite shoots (at the moment) was the beach shoot I did with Amy & Sarah at the end of last year. I don’t have a specific reason for it being one of the best projects but I think it was my favourite because the whole day was very enjoyable, it was perfect weather and everything just came together so well.

What sort of feedback have you received about your photography (from friends, family, strangers, fashion-industry-creatives)?
Majority of the feedback I have received have been compliments, which is always nice to hear and I am very thankful that people like my photography. There have been a few (anonymous) strangers here and there on tumblr whom have given me negative feedback, though I don’t let it put me down but instead I try to take their comments/tips/feedback and somehow use it in my photographsThe negative feedback has actually helped me improve my photography in many ways!

Source: Jordana's Tumblr (Model: Amy)

Where do you aim to take your photography (future goals)?
My ultimate dream would be me living in New York photographing for various international labels and magazine! Although a (slightly) more realistic goal for me is to be travelling between Sydney and Melbourne whilst doing different photographic jobs which hopefully includes photographing for Australian labels and magazines.

Which model would you rather photograph:
- Rachel Rutt or Jessica Hart? Rachel Rutt.
- Lindsey Wixson or Daphne Groeneveld? Aaah this is too hard because I love them both so much, but I’d have to go for Lindsey Wixson since she has such an interesting look that is really quite mesmerising!
- Adriana Lima or Candice Swanepoel? Adriana Lima.
- Cara Delevingne or Miranda Kerr? Cara Delevingne.
- Abbey Lee Kershaw or Kate Moss? Abbey Lee Kershaw has always been my favourite model, so I’ll have to stick with her even though “Kate Moss is Boss” and is such an icon.

Source: Jordana's Tumblr (Model: Jemimah)

Favourite TV show?
I can’t pick just one… so a few of my favourites are Skins, Misfits (season 1 & 2) and Gossip Girl.

What's on your playlist at the moment?
At the moment it includes a lot of music by San Cisco.

Source: Jordana's Tumblr (Model: Amy)

What are some things you do when you get bored?
Paint and draw, online “window” shopping, tumbr and sometimes I like to write lists.

Follow Jordana:

1 comment:

  1. her photos are incredible! She should do more :)))

    ReplyDelete