July 8, 2013

Model: Christy @ Debut Management


Christy @ Debut Management

Beautiful and exotic looking model, Christy Young is starring in a music video which comes out 12th July, 2013. Currently in a situation which could lead to being signed with Australia's biggest agency (unfortunately we can't share the name), we send her the best wishes. Meanwhile, we were able to ask the well-spoken Christy, a few questions about her experiences so far in the industry and more.

Tell us a bit about yourself?
I'm Christy! Most people can't figure out what nationality I am - the most common guesses are South American, Egyptian or Brazilian, but in actual fact I am South African (well my parents are anyway). I grew up in America/New Zealand and moved to Australia when I was 11. Now I'm just killen time, trying to get through my studies, so I can hopefully pursue a successful career in the fashion/entertainment industry. 


Source: Christy's Tumblr

Where are you right now and what are you doing today?
I've actually had the most laziest day. I'm sick, so I've spent the majority of my day in bed. However right now, I've migrated to the couch and am cuddled up to my lil Bichon puppy watching The Illusionist on TV.

How were you discovered as a model?
I'd been scouted and done a couple of shoots and more prior to it [being discovered] but I guess it happened after entering the Girlfriend model search in 2011, where I placed as a state finalist, which was when the ball really started rolling.
Source: Girlfriend Magazine

Which agency are you signed to? 
Right now things are a bit up in the air. I've taken a semi-hiatus cause of my studies, but I am still kind of doing some work here and there with a booker I used to work with. I am also signed with Scene in Melbourne, so am doing a few direct bookings now and again for them to. I can't share too much about the future but let's just say there are huge things in the talks and that next year will be big!

Tell us about your recent job?
I most recently starred as the 'lead girl' or as they called it "Hero Girl" in [Australian singer] Johnny Ruffo's music video, for his new single "Untouchable". Funny story actually, I got an email from my booker on a Tuesday asking if I was available on Sunday for the job and I was like "yep cool", thinking I'd just be chilling up the back having a bit of a dance, but then the friday (two days before the job) I get the call sheet and it says "Johnny + his four back up dancers" and "Christy Young - Lead Girl". It was definitely a bit of a shock as I didn't realise it was going to be just him, myself and his 4 back up dancers... ZERO OTHER GIRLS and ZERO OTHER EXTRAS! 

Source: Christy's Tumblr

It was such a fun day, getting up close and personal with Johnny (laughs). Between takes we chatted, laughed and ate muffins. We shot in this massive studio filled with green screens and white studio space. Jules Sebastian (Guy Sebastian's wife) was the stylist, Johnny's Home and Away crew did hair and make up and seeing as though Johnny's signed with Sony, the producers and directors were all present to. Johnny and I have stayed in contact, we caught up last week over DVD's and skittles and he also showed me the music video! It looks amazing, but I guess its kind of confronting and odd seeing my face present [laughs]. Although I'm definitely, really excited (and a bit anxious) for everyone to see it!

Who are your biggest idols and why?
Oooh good question. I admire different people for different reasons. Without trying to sound like the worlds biggest cliche, Miranda Kerr. Other than being a total babe, she's been smart about her career and has become an entrepreneur and business woman, which is definitely something that if I gain some success within the industry, aspire to do. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, [because] she's ventured into other areas within the industry, like acting or designing and her success is astounding. The industry is just so short-lived that you almost have to invest your time in other areas in order to prolong your career and Miranda and Rosie are examples of how to do exactly that. 

Source: Girlfriend Magazine AU

What do you do in your downtime to relax?
I love reading and also drawing. Everyone who knows me, knows that. I always seem to be doodling if theres a pen and paper in front of me. Oh and how can I forget food [laughs] I looooooove to eat!

How would you describe your style?
I wear a lot of black. But in saying that I would more categorise my style as "Chic", rather than Goth. I love luxe fabrics like silk, leather and suede. 90% of the time I'll be wearing something leather, be it shorts in summer, or pants in winter. 

What are five things you must have in your bag every time you travel?
My phone (I am absolutely addicted to it), a good book, earphones, wallet and some sort of candy (I'm alway munching on something sweet).

Source: Senso

Source: Senso

What is on your wish list?
A Black Prada Saffiano bag.

What is your favourite:
- Time of day? Probably night, everything seems to come alive then.
- Food? I'm a sucker for a good mash potato... extra butter, extra salt.
- Clothing Item? I'm going to say my Christian Louboutin thigh high leather boots.
- Song? I absolutely adore Biggie, so it'll have to be "Juicy".
- Movie? Everyone thinks I'm a total wierdo for it but The Last Song. Liam Hemsworth is just such a hunk, and Miley :') agh, c'mon guys! Their chemistry was obviously legit seeing as though they're now engaged! Great movie.

Source: Element AU

If you we're given 1 million dollars, how would you spend it?
I would probably buy a loft in New York and a car and invest the rest (if theres any left that is, real estate is expensive) [laughs].

What do you hope the future looks like for you?
Well the plan is to model full-time next year but I also really want to cross over into acting, so hopefully you'll be seeing my face in both of those fields.

Follow Christy:

5 comments:

  1. i've never heard f debut before. Is it reputable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah there fairly new, I looked on their website and have noticed a few familiar faces that use to be at Chic and Viviens. Shes stunning!

      Delete
    2. Who has moved from Chic and Viviens to Debut?

      Delete
  2. I want her lips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your outfit here, simple and chic!!
    http://www.shopbagla.com/

    ReplyDelete