July 7, 2013

Blogger: Mia Marli

Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

Incredibly stunning Mia Marli spends time between her hometown, Bryron Bay and overseas in Bali. She is constantly attracting many followers to her tumblr and instagram due to the fun photographs she posts so today we will showcase the answers the beautiful Mia responded with, to our questions.

Tell us a bit about yourself?
I've recently moved to Bali for three months. I'm a sibling of 5. My passions are photography, writing, reading and modeling. I enjoy giving advice and am very independent. My friends mean absolutely everything to me and always will. I love to have fun and get up to no good.


Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

Where are you and what are you doing today?
am in my villa bedroom, overlooking rice paddocks lit by the moon. The day is over, though I went to Legian with my family, swam in our pool and walked next door for a cheap yummy dinner accompanied by my book, To Kill A Mockingbird.

Why did you start tumblr?
My best friend at the time was obsessed! She forced me to make an account telling me it was just the greatest thing on earth, so I did.. To begin with I just couldn't wrap my head around it, so I gave up then months later I revisited the site and fell in love, spent hours reblogging pictures and quotes that caught my eye, and then once I realised I could incorporate my own writings and photos I got sucked in and now here I am!

Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

What is the best and worst thing about being well-known on tumblr?
There's lots of pros and a few cons about being well known on Tumblr. I'd have to say one of the best things is the opportunities that have come out of it and that I hope will continue too. Also inspiration and being able to converse with hundreds of people around the world! It's pretty wild and something I will never get used too. Some cons are the amount of judgement I receive. You know, good or bad, it may be wrong, and I hate when strangers see me as something I am not. That's what's hard about the Internet, you just never really know what that person is like in real life... and I have to be prepared for that. So I usually ignore the bad comments, considering I get 10 positive ones to each negative! Another bad thing would have to be not being able to respond to all my followers. I would love to answer each and every question/email but I just don't have that time.. Or patience. 


Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

What do you think about getting thousands of 'likes' and 'reblogs' on photos of you?
I mean yeah, it's pretty weird I suppose... If you think about it. Weird-good. But you can't let it get to your head. It's great for my blog because it creates more of a chance for people to end up on it... Photos that I take which get notes make me feel happy and proud that people actually enjoy them... Or understand them I suppose. I like to convey ideas through my photographs - some of them anyway. 


Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

You are also a free-lance model, how did you find an interest in that?
When I think about it, I'm not sure and I can't actually remember how it started. I used to find being in front of a camera very daunting and uncomfortable - I hated it. Who knows, what changed. I guess I let go. I realise that it's not so much about how you look but how you express and present yourself... Attitude. I got a lot of that, I now can admit - not bad attitude, but attitude. I like to take on a role and jump out of my skin for a shoot - be another character. Also, I love the industry... as screwed up as it can be, I've met some amazing people and friends that I will keep for life.

Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

Tell us about a recent modeling job?
This was an Afends shoot. It happened to be with one of my closest friends and another girl whom I knew but not well, (and now she's visiting me in Bali... see what I mean about meeting amazing people and keeping them!). It was shot in Byron, the title of the campaign 'teen delinquents' so you can guess what attitude we had on [laughs]. It was extremely fun. This shoot wasn't so set up but more supposed to be three teen girls being three teen girls, whatever that may be. But with a little more posing! Everything was shot on polaroids so we got to see the process along the way. I liked that. Everything these days is very digital, so I enjoyed a change and there was no pressure. Very relaxed and happy go lucky. 

Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

What is your current fashion style?
Hard question... I think I'm a pretty all round girl when it comes to fashion. But lately I've been into long skirts and lets say 'pretty' clothing, contrasted with chunky boots or chokers. My style always changes with my moods or surroundings. Considering I'm in Bali, my clothing has been limited to swimmers (laughs). You'll always find me in red. I love bright colours. Especially red. Red Red Red!

Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

What will never be your fashion style?
Who knows what could happen.. but for now lets say; Leopard print, jeggings, crocs, tacky hoop earrings.. God I don't know, I can't even think! (laughs).

What is your definition of beauty?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I firmly believe that and always will. 

Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

Do you prefer:
- Being with 10 people or Being with 1 person? One.
- Music or Movies? Music.
- Byron Bay or Balk? Neither. I love them both for different reasons because they are completely different places. Byron will always be my home.
- Summer or Winter? Tough one. Winter. No... Summer. Winter. It seems I like winter when it's summer and summer when it's winter.
- Tea or Coffee? Coffee.

Source: Mia Marli's Instagram

Do you want to pursue a career in fashion or blogging?
I'm a very indecisive person and am still completely clueless. You'll have to wait and see. Get back to me on that one!

Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?
In a share house in Byron with all my crazy, incredible friends, saving up enough money to travel the world all on my lonesome.  

Follow Mia Marli:

2 comments:

  1. Her instagram is my favorite thing ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg thank you for making this interview!!! i needed this

    ReplyDelete