July 10, 2013

Model: Chanel Tsotras @ Vivien's Model Management

Source: Bec Martin

The absolutely stunning and laid-back Australian model Chanel Tsotras, is definitely sticking around for years to come. The unforgettable brows and sweet personality prove to make us believe so. Fortunately, she took some time to share a little insight into the modelling industry... take a look at her perspective.

Tell us a bit about yourself?
Hey there! Well I turned 17 this year, so in between school I like to watch good films, drink lots of coffee and explore town. I also have the impulsive need to write down interesting things I see or hear wherever I can…



Source: Chanel's Tumblr

Where are you and what are you doing today
I’m at my Grandpa's house right now, he’s about to take me to a few castings (bless) and then we’re going to get lunch somewhere.

How were you discovered as a model?
There was a small competition at my local shopping centre and Susie who’s now my booker, was there and asked me to come in to the agency for a chat.


Source: Bec Martin Photo

What agency are you signed with?
Vivien’s.

Tell us about a recent job?
I was on location for a few nights shooting an editorial spread for a magazine at an old country town with two other models. I can’t say too much because it isn’t released 'till later this year, but the concept behind it was so classically pure and edgy and it was so surreal to meet the photographer that shot it.


Chanel @ Vivien's Models

Best and worst thing about a photo-shoot?
Hmmm... the best thing is definitely being able to play a character that is sometimes so different to yourself and seeing the end result of everyone’s combined work. Worst? I’d feel like a spoilt brat if I complained about anything! I’m so lucky to have the opportunity to be doing this. I guess the early starts can be hard sometimes…

Best and worst thing about runway?
The energy back stage is so chaotic and fast passed, I love the adrenaline you get walking and seeing the excitement of the celebrations backstage after a show. Shoes that are too small are a killer though, and you definitely feel it by the end.

Source: Bec Martin Photo

What are some misconceptions about the modeling industry?
Firstly, that models don’t eat! When there is a catering table, take my word for it; we are the first ones there! One of the most annoying beliefs is that all models are dumb. The models I’ve worked with have had a lot of sense, direction and are well spoken.

What is your dream outfit?
Probably Levy jeans that fit perfectly, a loose white semi-transparent blouse or singlet, leather boots and whatever rings I happen to have on.

Source: Chanel's Tumblr

What is your dream day?
A day with good music, good company and good vibes. A nice view would be a bonus.

What is your dream vacation?
Going on a safari all throughout Africa. There’s a camp you can go to called ‘Pod’ where you live in a little remote village, do research and work hands on with elephants for a few months. That’s always been a dream.

Source: Chanel's Tumblr

Do you prefer:
- Magazines or Blogs? Magazines.
- Mexican Food or Chinese Food? Chinese! Sang Choy bow is majestic.
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs.
- Sneakers or Heels? Heels.

Source: Bec Martin

Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?
I’ll be 20 and modeling internationally living the nomadic life, not settling in one place for too long, learning and experiencing different parts of the globe that I’ve only ever seen in pictures or heard of.

How does someone become a model and are there any tips you could share?
If you want to model I think the best way to go about it is by either entering a respected competition (there’s heaps around), going to an agency open day or sending in some au naturel digitals or Polaroid’s. Getting scouted is exciting but that’s all about being in the right place at the right time. As for tips, I’d say, really know and be comfortable with who you are before entering the industry, take it as it comes, stay genuine, friendly, confident and remember that nothing is personal.

Follow Chanel:
http://instagram.com/chaneltsotras
http://rawfix.tumblr.com

1 comment: